birding-aus

& haven’t I also been saying…

Subject: & haven’t I also been saying…
From: Judith L-A <>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 20:02:17 +1000
A recent trip report from a BirdsQld high-country campout in FEB includes this
absence report – “we didn’t see or hear … any of the migratory Cuckoos,
although they are still present on in some places on the lower ground near
Brisbane and the Fassifern Valley.”

In recent years I have observed the unusual absence here of mid-season/breeding
cuckoos. This season again only some cuckoos have been heard only in passing in
spring & autumn. The great summer stealth & cacophony of various cuckoo spp.
settling to breed, which was familiar here during the 20 years since our
arrival in the mid90s until 2015, has again fallen silent.

Judith
SEQ 500m

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list