birding-aus

Red Wattlebirds on the move

To: Peter Lansley via Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Red Wattlebirds on the move
From: David Bishop <>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 00:02:43 +0000
I have just retruned from my regular bird-walk around our property with our two
black Labs. - We live on 25 acres of mature native woodland on the outskirts of
Armidale, NSW. After a couple of days of very welcome rain the skies were very
overcast so I was very surprised to encounter hordes of birds. Most interesting
was a flock of 15-20 Red Wattlebirds (see below) clearly on the move and flying
southeast. The light was so poor that the identity of many of honeyeaters was
not possible but among those I could identify were goodly numbers of Grey
Fantails, thornbills, a flock of Varied Sittellas, loads of Fuscous Honeyeaters
plus Noisy Friarbirds and the first White-naped Honeyeater I have seen here in
a while.
David

P. O. Box 1234, Armidale, NSW 2350, Australia

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>