birding-aus

bird drownings

To: Andrew Thelander <>, michael hunter <>
Subject: bird drownings
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 00:55:51 +0000
hear hear Andrew...

thank you for putting this wonderful new invention up on here - I was just
about to ask Del, one of my dearest of dear friends, for the very same link to
put on here too - but mate, you have beaten me to it!!!

so thank YOU again Andrew for doing so.

cheers,

martin cachard

solar whisper wildlife cruises,

daintree river, FNQ

& trinity beach, cairns

________________________________
I hope you all saw Del Richards’ invention on landline recently:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-05-29/floating-bird-island-invention-keeps-feathered-friends-safe/8568236

<http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-05-29/floating-bird-island-invention-keeps-feathered-friends-safe/8568236>
[http://www.abc.net.au/cm/rimage/8568306-16x9-large.jpg?v=3]<http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-05-29/floating-bird-island-invention-keeps-feathered-friends-safe/8568236>

Floating bird island invention keeps feathered friends
safe<http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-05-29/floating-bird-island-invention-keeps-feathered-friends-safe/8568236>
www.abc.net.au
A far north Queensland ornithologist and former cattleman is hoping to save
birds' lives and keep water troughs clean with one fell swoop.

[http://www.abc.net.au/cm/rimage/8568306-16x9-large.jpg?v=3]<http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-05-29/floating-bird-island-invention-keeps-feathered-friends-safe/8568236>

Floating bird island invention keeps feathered friends
safe<http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-05-29/floating-bird-island-invention-keeps-feathered-friends-safe/8568236>
www.abc.net.au
A far north Queensland ornithologist and former cattleman is hoping to save
birds' lives and keep water troughs clean with one fell swoop.

Maybe you should try something like this!

Regards
Andrew

> On 16 Feb 2018, at 7:55 am, michael hunter <> wrote:
>
> Paul,
>
>         Sydney, particularly in the West, has been so dry and hot that plant
> growth with its associated bird feed including insects has bee exceptionally
> scarce and birds are dying of starvation,  often near water in my experience
> when it has been very hot. Miners  often dive onto water to bathe and scoop
> up up a drink, possibly are just too weak to fly out again.
>
>                                          Cheers
>
>                                                     Michael
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>
Birding-Aus Info
Page<http://birding-aus.org/mailman/listinfo/birding-aus_birding-aus.org>
birding-aus.org
BIRDING-AUS is a discussion group for anyone with an interest in Australian
wild birds. Read updates and trip reports from many parts of Australia.