birding-aus

Stockton sandspit

To: Kirri Hardy <>, "" <>
Subject: Stockton sandspit
From: Mick Roderick via Birding-Aus <>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 21:39:56 +0000
Hi Kirry,
Yes there are plenty of shorebirds to see at the sandspit. There have been >500
Pacific Golden Plovers amongst all of the other shorebirds too. The Common
Gull-billed Tern has been seen in the past week I believe and within 2 hours
drive of the sandspit the Aleutian Terns are still around up at Farquhar Inlet
(2 birds reported from Wednesday anyway).
You need to time your visit to the sandspit though. Between 2 to 3 hours before
and/or after high tide is best.
Enjoy.
Mick