birding-aus

Kakadu Naturalists' Tour - Advertisement

To: "" <>
Subject: Kakadu Naturalists' Tour - Advertisement
From: Mike Jarvis <>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 06:15:24 +0000

________________________________
From: Mike Jarvis <> on behalf of Experience the
Wild <>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 3:08:16 PM
To: 'Birding-Aus'
Subject: ADVERTISEMENT - Kakadu Naturalists' Tour

Hello fellow Aussie birders,
A unique opportunity awaits five keen amateur naturalists to join the Kakadu
Naturalists’ Tour in May 24-29, 2018.

With only five guests and two very experienced and dedicated nature guides, Ian
Morris and Mike Jarvis, you can enjoy an immersion in new and surprising
aspects of nature, wilderness and indigenous culture in Kakadu and adjacent
regions.

Ian Morris learnt his first Aboriginal language at the age of nine in East
Arnhem Land, and eventually went back there as a school teacher. He mentored
and continues to mentor many young indigenous children, and has himself been
mentored by Aboriginal elders in the Indigenous understanding of relationships
with nature. He has been involved with Kakadu National Park since it’s
inception in the 70’s and has written and co-authored many books on the
wildlife and ecology of the region. Ian has an understanding and rapport with
animals (including Homo sapiens) like no other person I know. It is my pleasure
to offer this tour again in 2018.

A comprehensive checklist/journal is provided which will help each participant
to make the most of this tour. Each evening after dinner we review the days
experience as a group, tick off all the species we have seen, and then view a
slide-show presentation featuring a theme to be explored on the following day.
Also included is a free copy of ‘A Natural History and Field Guide to
Australia’s Top End’ by Ian Morris et al.

Please visit
https://www.experiencethewild.com.au/?p=Tours-5-Day-Kakadu-Naturalists<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.experiencethewild.com.au%2F%3Fp%3DTours-5-Day-Kakadu-Naturalists&data=02%7C01%7C%7C514f467ca6a7415c7ed008d546a2b767%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636492587040899312&sdata=i1EA3wMeaysJCSYWz%2BvJcK5DBt0fmL9YDkZLqPCdqXA%3D&reserved=0>
 to find out more about this tour.

Mike and Jenny Jarvis
Experience the Wild
PO Box 3776, Palmerston, NT 0831
Enquiries 0400 404 058, Mike 0429 021 160

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>