birding-aus

Osprey

To: Judith L-A <>
Subject: Osprey
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 04:37:11 +0000
Judith, I doubt they’re even considered vulnerable here, much of the NT
coastline being relatively pristine.  It’s just in Darwin that they’re
considered in the way.

Years ago  I tried to stop the removal of an osprey nest from a pylon in
mangroves near the suburb of Bayview Haven.  Not a soul was interested.  I even
 appealed to Tourism NT to back my complaint up, saying the site was very
popular with visiting birdwatchers.  Someone very senior in tourism replied,
telling me that it was a good thing the nest was being removed because who,
living in the suburb, would want to have to look at such a messy sight “from
their kitchen window”, or words to that effect.

Denise

On 26 Oct 2017, at 11:29 am, Judith L-A <> wrote:

> What's the Status of Osprey in NT, anyone know? Also, local
> nature/environmental law? & Is there an EDO we can contact …
> ?
> Judith
> SEQ 500m
>
> <HR>