birding-aus

Ecuador

To: "" <>
Subject: Ecuador
From: Michael Hunter <>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 20:20:08 +0000
Hi Paul,

             January two years ago. we had a really outstanding 3 weeks in
Ecuador with Field Guides, including a week at Sacha Lodge on the upper Amazon,
and sixty plus Hummingbird spp. seen mainly at feeders around specific  Birding
Lodges around the country. Plus many many others such as an infinite variety of
Tanagers and the remarkable Cock of the Rock.

            We were guided ( by Willie Perez one of the best bird spotters of
all time) so can't advise on travel details, but you should find the names of
the various lodges on the  on the Field Guides' website trip reports and take
it from there.

            Some of their guides do freelance,  you could ask Field Guides or
quiz the lodges.

              One tip, unless you know that altitude sickness is not a problem
for you, for a short trip avoid the higher elevations like Quito, It can be
absolutely debilitating and sometimes need hospitalisation. We went 3 days
early to acclimatise, took diuretics, just got by for a few days.

               The Ecuadorean Andes are in parts like the Garden of Eden,

               Have a great trip

                      Michael Hunter

Sent from my iPhone
<HR>