birding-aus

Re male koala grunting at night

To: 'David Dickson' <>, "" <>
Subject: Re male koala grunting at night
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 03:14:51 +0000
Surely it would be normal for male koalas to be grunting at night. I know it
to occur but I don't know how regularly. I did a quick look at some books
that don't specifically comment on when they call. They are night active. It
is hard to imagine that Straw-necked Ibis would produce a comparable volume
and range of sounds that a koala does.

Philip