birding-aus

RFI Singapore

To: Tom Wilson <>
Subject: RFI Singapore
From: Jenny Stiles <>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 01:43:47 +0000
Thank you Tom & all the other kind people who have responded to my questions! I
hope I have thanked you all individually.

I did forget one of my questions; I would especially love to see an otter so
any tips on where might be a good place to see one would be fantastic.

I should perhaps have been more specific about my son’s disabilities. He has
autism & cannot speak. He often enjoys bushwalks [but sometimes he doesn’t!]
but can be hard to get going again after we stop [yet again] to look at a bird.
It may mean that we take it in turns to explore while the other stays with him,
so it can take us longer to accomplish our goals. Luckily he likes flying &
hotels and is always happy with his ipad & music [& headphones when birding of
course]. So stairs are fine & hills too; mostly...

I am changing my mind about accommodation; Changi Village Hotel was suggested
to me & I thought it might be more birdy out of the city. And actually this
hotel looks close to Pasir Ris & Pulau Ubin, so it might be handy to spend a
few nights there & then a few nights near the Botanic Gardens or the Gardens By
The Bay for easy access to those sites, so any recommendations of particular
hotels in those areas would be helpful. That way we could both get in some easy
early birding while the other stays at the hotel with Chris.