birding-aus

Mauritius

To: Dave Torr <>
Subject: Mauritius
From: Wendy Cayless <>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 12:11:24 +0000
I would recommend either a trip to Ille aux Aigrettes Nature Reserve (where
the pink pigeon was reintroduced and you are almost 100% sure of seeing
them)  or a visit to Black River Gorges National Park.  We also had a good
couple of hours at the Frederica Nature Reserve on a trip organised by the
Heritage Le Telfair Golf and Spa Resort (where we also saw pink pigeons).
I missed the Mauritian kestrel though!

I've been to Mauritius 3 times, but sadly, haven't done much birding there
(family trips...)

Wendy

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Dave Torr <> wrote:

> Hi
> I am going to Madagascar in Nov with 3 friends. We are flying Air Mauritius
> and the schedule dictates we have an overnight stay in Mauritius and a free
> morning which obviously we would like to spend birding.
> Any info on guides, places to go etc would be very welcomed. Not much info
> in Google!
> Thanks
> Dave
> <HR>