birding-aus

Seasons Sightings of WTNT & FTS (Pacific Swift)

To: "" <>
Subject: Seasons Sightings of WTNT & FTS (Pacific Swift)
From: Michael Tarburton <>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 23:18:00 +0000
 G’day bird enthusiasts

It looks like both species of swifts have departed our shores, with two
sightings in China and a dozen in Taiwan, it appears they are well on their way
to their breeding grounds.

My preliminary assessment of this season shows that average flock size is again
down on last year, let alone last decade.  So I would appreciate receiving
reports of the dates, location and number of birds seen from as many observers
as possible to make my data more robust or more reliable.  Every sighting is
appreciated.

Canberra is looking at my application at the moment to have the WTNT listed
because of its serious decline.

Many thanks

Mike
<HR>