birding-aus

WTNT and Turwuoise Parrot, Albury

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: WTNT and Turwuoise Parrot, Albury
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 10:43:03 +0000
While chasing butterflies on Nail Can Hill in Albury this afternoon I spotted a
flock of about 50 White-throated Needletails briefly circling up high. Tree
Martins and a couple of Dusky Woodswallows were also present, but at a much
lower altitude (just above tree canopy). Weather was hot and slightly humid
with big cumulo-nimbus clouds about, but sunny when I saw them.

For the second time this week also saw a Turquoise Parrot on the hill - saw one
bird on Monday and I suspect there were two birds today. They are occasionally
seen up there, which is pretty good for an area surrounded by houses (probably
closest are around 700 metres)

Cheers,

Peter
<HR>