birding-aus

kaikoura earthquake

To: Tom Tarrant <>
Subject: kaikoura earthquake
From: John Harris <>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 03:26:08 +0000
Hi All,
allow me to add my thoughts and prayers to the folk affected by the NZ
earthquakes. To see the roads and tunnels in the Kaikoura impacted in such
a way was almost unbelievable, considering we are only there last year and
they are still fresh in our minds.

The birds, dolphins and whales will keep coming to visit bt unfortuantely
it doesn't look like too many tourists will be able to do the same in the
near future.

Cheers

John

*Yours in all things* "*GREEN"*

*John Harris BASc, GDipEd*
*Croydon, Vic*
*Director - Wildlife Experiences Pty Ltd*
*Principal **Zoologist/**Ecologist*
*Nature Photographer*
*Wildlife Guide*

*www.wildlifeexperiences.com.au <http://www.wildlifeexperiences.com.au>*

*www.facebook.com/wildlifeexperiences/
<http://www.facebook.com/wildlifeexperiences/>*
 <>*
*www.flickr.com/photos/wildlifeexperiences
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildlifeexperiences>*
*0409090955*

*Past President, Field Naturalists Club of Victoria*
*(www.fncv.org.au <http://www.fncv.org.au/>)*

On 15 November 2016 at 12:46, Tom Tarrant <> wrote:

> Agree wholeheartedly Dave, one of the world's top birding-spots. Let's hope
> for a quick recovery.
>
> Tom
>
> On Nov 15, 2016 10:09 AM, "David Taylor" <>
> wrote:
>
> > I was very sad to see the damage from the latest earthquake at Kaikoura
> on
> > the South Island of NZ
> >
> > This is a truly beautiful place and as many will know has a special
> > significance for so many birders like me who have enjoyed one of their
> > world famous bird and whale pelagic trips
> >
> > Seems from the news there is significant damage to roads houses and
> > infrastructure
> >
> > So sad and I'm sure forum members join in wishing all involved in the
> > tragedy including birders in the area our thoughts and best wishes at
> this
> > difficult time
> >
> > David Taylor
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> > <HR>
> > <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> > <BR>
> > <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit:
> > </HR>
> >
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>