birding-aus

Powerful Owls -Sydney

To: Bob Ashford <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Powerful Owls -Sydney
From: Jenny Stiles <>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 08:25:48 +0000
Hi Bob,
I have seen plenty of recent photographs of the male Powerful Owl at
Centennial Park roosting in what looks to me like a Fig Tree. Unfortunately
though I don't know where the tree is but staff at the park might be able to
help.
I saw a Powerful Owl at the Sydney Botanic Gardens last week; it was in a
large Conifer at the back of Govt House. I entered the gardens from the
wrought iron gates past the Opera House and walked up the first path away
from the harbour & came to a large conifer with lots of pine-cones
underneath. It wasn't far but I was following my ears to some feeding
Yellow-tailed Black-cockatoos, with the Powerful Owl being a surprise bonus.

Good Luck,
Jenny Stiles