birding-aus

Assistance with possible ID please

To: "" <>
Subject: Assistance with possible ID please
From: Bryan Groom <>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 14:17:06 +0000
Hi All,
I am a South African birder, with a daughter resident in Narrabri NSW, with an
interest in birds on their farm.

Received the following from her:
        Which family of birds do the flicking wings as they sing?
        Melodic call from a perch high in a tree.
She goes on to say:
        About the same size as the Striped Honeyeater or maybe slightly bigger.
Black head with white chin, belly and rump.
        Black tail, looked as if it was pinned on to the white rump.
        As it called in a quite upright position, it flicked its wings
downwards.

Presently paging through my Pizzey & Knight and Morecombe field guides, but
would appreciate any thoughts/assistance.

Thanks in anticipation

Regards
Bryan

Bryan Groom