birding-aus

Newhaven is very green at the moment/Mornington Camp

To: 'Laurie Knight' <>
Subject: Newhaven is very green at the moment/Mornington Camp
From: Paul Doyle <>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 21:14:02 +0000
Hi Laurie,
Well yes, but the expectations were clearly set by the AWC, advertising
their tours and the restaurant to all potential visitors. I'm not a fine
dining snob: just looking forward to some good food after a week of tinned
food. I'm happy to rough it and had been doing so for 10 days prior to
arrival, so this probably sharpened my disappointment.
My problem is the discrepancy between what's touted and what's actually
available.
I am sure that the problem is the management of this particular place: this
is not a criticism of the AWC generally, or Newhaven or any of their other
properties.
Paul