birding-aus

Albany Is Cape York

To: "" <>
Subject: Albany Is Cape York
From: Sicklebill Safaris <>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 03:07:22 +0000
An obscure one from me please- can anyone tell me what the vegetation cover
is on Albany Is off Cape York? I am currently writing a monograph on *Birds
of Paradise and Bowerbirds*, and Magnificent Riflebird is  reported to
occur on this island, the only non-mainland site in Australia.
Also reported from Albany Island off Cape York (Blakers *et al* 1984), an
odd record for such a sedentary species for which there are no records of
wandering, and which is absent from any of the other satellite islands.
However, Trumpet Manucode is also known to occur on this island.

Also, can anyone tell me the highest altitude from which the Cape York
Magnificent Riflebird is reported?
Thanks
Phil Gregory

Sicklebill Safaris/Cassowary House/Cassowary Tours

Email:
Website1: http://www.sicklebillsafaris.com OR www.birder.travel
Website 2: http://www.cassowary-house.com.au
Website 3: http://www.cassowarytours.com.au