birding-aus

RFI - Deepwater Park, Milperra

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: RFI - Deepwater Park, Milperra
From: Mark Young <>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 02:35:42 +0000
Thank you to everyone who replied to my RFI about Deepwater Park in Milperra.
I visited the site this morning and spent just under 2 hours walking around the
park.
After arriving and parking opposite the paintball place, I headed west along
the road into bush. There was hardly a bird around, apart from Magpie Larks,
Ravens, Noisy Miners and some noisy Cockatoos and Rainbow Lorikeets.
I headed towards the river and walked back along the front of the river for a
while. The only birds I saw were a small group of Little Black Cormorants.
Thinking that the morning was going to be very quite, I walked back the way I
came and turned in towards the bush and headed south towards Webster Street. By
the time I got to Webster street, I had only seen more Rainbow Lorikeets, some
Red Wattlebirds, and a single Olive-backed Oriole calling from somewhere in
amongst the trees.
Heading back the way I came, I had resigned myself to the fact that this might
be a very quite place with not much birdlife, when I reached an area where
there was some birds flying about. After 40 mins I had spotted 2 Rose Robins, 1
White-eared Honeyeater, 2 Golden Whistlers, 2 or more Yellow-faced Honeyeaters
and heard an Eastern Spinebill calling nearby.
Then going back towards the lagoon there was a single Little Corrella eating
fruit off the ground with 4 Sulphur-crested Cockatoos. 3 Scaley-breasted
Lorikeets and some more Rainbow Lorikeets in the nearby trees.
All in all, it wasn't a bad spot to visit. I ended up seeing 29 species in the
time I was there. It would have been nice to have been able to spend more time
there as I didn't see all of the park, but I was still glad to see the Rose
Robins and White-eared HE.
Regards,
Mark

> Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 13:54:01 +1000
> Subject: [Birding-Aus] RFI - Deepwater Park, Milperra
>
> Hi everyone,
> I will be out at Milperra in the next couple of weeks and might take the
> opportunity to visit Deepwater Park in Milperra one morning.
> I've not been to this location before so I'm hoping someone could help me out
> with information about what species I can find and where to find them.
> Any help is much appreciated.
> Regards,
> Mark
> <HR>