birding-aus

John Weigel North American Big Year

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: John Weigel North American Big Year
From: A Smith <>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 21:26:07 +0000
Did anyone know that John Wiegel is currently undertaking a North American Big
Year? Olaf Danielson is undertaking a big year and blogging as ‘The Bad Weather
Big Year.' This was taken from Olaf’s blog…

'I should still be up on the year birders this year except for the Aussie
Champion now listing in the dark. I haven't run into him but now heard of him
twice, secretly sneaking around.  I didn’t think he could have me but he did
get the Hawaiian [petrel].  Was in Newfy twice....I have already added to my
budget due to him and what seems like his unlimited resources.  I planned on
zooming through my home territory birds, saying hi to the family, and heading
back out before I got stuck on planned trips.  I could now not let up even for
an instant.  I may not break a record but I vow not to be out-listed by an
Australian for the year.  I at least want to have the 2016 really big year, so
sorry. ....I think him listing dark is a mistake as maybe rightly, I assume he
is got everything and as such, I need to keep not only plugging but charging,
he will be up on me in mind until he admits his list so I cannot let up for an
instant…….yea’

Regards
Alastair
<HR>