birding-aus

RFI Grasswrens near Mt Isa and Opalton

To: "" <>
Subject: RFI Grasswrens near Mt Isa and Opalton
From: TerryG <>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 11:21:34 +0000
Hi All,

We will be in Mt Isa in June and will be trying to see the Carpentarian
and Kalkadoon Grasswrens, also going to Opalton to try for the Rusty
Grasswren .

I have searched the archives, but reports of recent sightings of these
three are scarce, and I would welcome any info on recent sightings.

Also some reports have suggested that McNamara Rd might be closed to
public access - any late info on this?  (and my new Hema map shows this
as a private road).

The most frequently mentioned locations in the archives are McNamara Rd
for the CGW, end of Pamela St, Mica and Sibella Creeks for the KGW, and
the general area of Opalton for the Rusty Grasswren (ssp /rowleyi/).

Are there any other locations where we might get to see these grasswrens?

Cheers
Terry & Lyn Gould
Macclesfield  SA
<HR>