birding-aus

Rose-crowned Fruit-dove in NW Tasmania

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Rose-crowned Fruit-dove in NW Tasmania
From: John Tongue <>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 05:55:38 +0000
Hi All, just to report that a suspected vagrant Rose-crowned Fruit-dove was
re-located after initial report some days ago, in ‘suburban’ Devonport, Tas.
We are making enquiries about the possibility of it being an escapee, but to
date, no-one knows of anyone keeping Fruit-doves in Tasmania.  The only other
reports I am aware of (though there may be others) are 1922 and 1968.

Cheers,
John Tongue
Devonport, Tas.

<HR>