birding-aus

Brolgas Lawrence/Lower Southgate

To: "" <>
Subject: Brolgas Lawrence/Lower Southgate
From: Bob & Penne Carr <>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 00:07:15 +0000
Hi,

Last Thursday, 29 January, whilst returning from Grafton we were stopped at
the intersection of Greens Lane (I am not sure whether it is Lawrence or
Lower Southgate) on the Grafton-Lawrence Road where the road was being
resealed.  We noticed a couple of Brolgas in the open paddock on the River
side of Greens Lane.

To avoid the wet bitumen we turned into Greens Lane towards Riverbank
Road and encountered 30+ Brolgas in the paddock on the corner.

The attraction to the area for the Brolgas is the ripening corn and this is
starting to happen.  The very popular site on Riverbank Road, on the
riverbank, has corn planted again this year and is commencing to ripen.
Brolgas, in very large numbers, were recorded there two years ago; when
corn was last there.

*Bob & Penne Carr*
*Woombah*
<HR>