birding-aus

Albany Pelagic Trips - 23 & 24 January 2016

To: John Graff <>
Subject: Albany Pelagic Trips - 23 & 24 January 2016
From: John Graff <>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 06:33:59 +0000

Hi all,

I've been a little lax arranging this, so many apologies for that. However, the
next weekend of pelagic trips out of Albany is
scheduled for the weekend of the 23rd and 24th January. We will run
trips on both days as usual, provided there is sufficient demand.

We
 will meet at Emu Point Boat Harbour in Albany at 0530 (earlier start time with
the earlier sunrise), and travel to
the Albany Canyon at the continental shelf edge. There have not been any
previous trips run from Albany in January, so we'll be breaking new ground
again but hopefully should see a range of the common albatross, petrels and
shearwaters plus jaegers and terns. The February Albany trips from last year
may offer some insight into what we can expect - see
http://wabirdingblog.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/albany-pelagic-trip-report-7-february.html
 and
http://wabirdingblog.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/albany-pelagic-trip-report-8-february.html.
 As always, the trips will operate on a
cost-share basis; the cost is anticipated to be $160/person/trip.

If you'd like a place on either (or both) trips, please let me know ASAP as we
need minimum numbers to run the trip. If you have any queries, please also feel
free to ask

Cheers,
John

<HR>