birding-aus

Upper Lane Cover River Valley - S Turramurra area

To: Tom Wilson <>, birding aus <>
Subject: Upper Lane Cover River Valley - S Turramurra area
From: Jenny Stiles <>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 05:03:19 +0000
Hi Tom,
I walk through that section of Lane Cove Park at least once a month &
generally more over the last few years but I generally start in Beecroft or
Cheltenham and walk along Blyles Creek & Devlin Creek before continuing past
Brown's Waterhole, under the M2 and finishing up at Epping Rd. The Bell
Miner colony has been present at Browns waterhole for many years although I
think it has spread a little in the last year. I have only once seen
Gang-gangs and that was along Byles Creek on the 14th March 2014 when I saw
a pair. I believe they are still seen in the vicinity of the native plant
nursery in Pennant Hills.
A pair of Grey Goshawks recently bred at Brown's Waterhole and on my last
visit several weeks ago the newly fledged Grey Goshawk youngster was still
hanging around near the nest.