birding-aus

Perth Trip

To: Tim Jones <>
Subject: Perth Trip
From: John Graff <>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 11:36:26 +0000
Hi Tim,

The last report I am aware of for the honey buzzard is the 29th November,
however I would be surprised if it's not still around

There are a number of decent sites for the shrike-tit in the eastern Perth
hills. They primarily occur in the wandoo (white gum) woodlands here. The
easiest location to find/describe is Collins Rd off Brookton Hwy, about 1.15hrs
drive from Perth. Travelling along Brookton Hwy from Perth you'll eventually
reach farmland on the left of the road. The next road on the right is Collins
Rd - the shrike-tit occurs in the wandoo along the first section of the road.
You can stop wherever and wander through the woodland. I usually start about
1km along the road but it doesn't really matter. They are also along Yarra Rd
off Brookton Hwy, Flynn Rd off Gt Eastern Hwy and Wearne Rd off Albany Hwy. Let
me know if you want more detailed location details for the sites on these
roads. They probably occur in most decent areas of wandoo in the eastern scarp
in reality

Cheers,
John

> Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 20:38:17 +1100
> Subject: [Birding-Aus] Perth Trip
>
> Hello All
>
> I am heading to Perth next weekend and wondered if there is any news on the
> Crested Honey Buzzard. Also if anyone has a reliable site for Western
> Shrike-tit I would be very grateful for details.
>
> Happy birding
>
> Tim Jones
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> <HR>