birding-aus

Ibis habitat destroyed

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Ibis habitat destroyed
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 21:40:37 +0000
Morning all

Cali has just sent me this quote regarding the status of White Ibis.  Given
that some of us thought they were doing well enough to be considered a pest
would anyone like to comment?

"But scientists fear they may become extinct as more pressure is put on their
native and adopted environments." - source
http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2007/11/15/2182311.htm
Denise Lawungkurr  Goodfellow
PO Box 71
Darwin River, NT, Australia 0841
043 8650 835

PhD candidate, Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW.

Founding Member: Ecotourism Australia
Nominated by Earthfoot for Condé Nast’s International  Ecotourism Award, 2004.

With every introduction of a plant or animal that goes feral this continent
becomes a little less unique, a little less Australian.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>