birding-aus

Spotted Bowerbird Calls from Bowra Station

To: "" <>
Subject: Spotted Bowerbird Calls from Bowra Station
From: Marc Anderson <>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 01:40:58 +0000
Hi all,

I've put together a page featuring some interesting vocalizations of
Spotted Bowerbird (Chlamydera maculata) which I recently recorded at
Bowra Station in SW Queensland.

http://wildambience.com/2015/10/the-amazing-calls-of-the-spotted-bowerbird/

Nothing unusual for the species, but it was the first time I had heard
them at the bower and was amazed by the variety & nature of the calls,
as well as the accuracy of some of the mimicry.  On the page there are
just two examples of mimicry, Whistling Kite & Australian Raven (or
maybe it's a Little Crow - very subjective when it comes to mimicry?!)

Also, I have a few mystery calls from Bowra I'd love to get some
comments on which I'll post in a separate thread soon.

--
Marc Anderson

Wild Ambience
Sydney, Australia