birding-aus

Do these raptors spread fire in the Australian savanna?

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Do these raptors spread fire in the Australian savanna?
From: Bob Gosford <>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 13:26:38 +0000
All,

My abstract and discussion of my presentations at two US conferences - one
on Raptors, the other Fire - can be seen at my Crikey blog, The Northern
Myth here:

Do these raptors spread fire in the Australian savanna? –
<http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2015/10/13/do-these-raptors-spread-fire-in-the-australian-savanna/>
[image: image]
<http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2015/10/13/do-these-raptors-spread-fire-in-the-australian-savanna/>
Do these raptors spread fire in the Australian savanna? ...
<http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2015/10/13/do-these-raptors-spread-fire-in-the-australian-savanna/>
Use of fire as a tool is normally considered to be restricted to humans,
and hence to have played an extremely important role not only in human
societ...
View on blogs.crikey.com.au
<http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2015/10/13/do-these-raptors-spread-fire-in-the-australian-savanna/>
Preview by Yahoo

I welcome any thoughts or comments ...

"Use of fire as a tool is normally considered to be restricted to humans,
and hence to have played an extremely important role not only in human
societal change but also in the large-scale modification of landscapes
across the world. But what if animals other than humans exhibit pyrophilic
behavior?"

--
Bob Gosford
Crikey.com