birding-aus

More amazing hybrids. I may have mentioned this one before

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: More amazing hybrids. I may have mentioned this one before
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 01:11:46 +0000
Speaking of hybrids.  In the wild it takes a bit more to create a hybrid
but when two lonely birds are housed in the same aviary one never knows....

I was shocked with this one.

A blue Princess Parrot female with her mate a male Scarlet-chested parrot.
And yes they produced a chick that looks like nothing you have ever seen
before.  This is real and has been documented from what I understand.
http://talkingbirds.com.au/world-firsts/worldfirst-php/scarlet-chest-parrot-breeds-with-princess-parrot-2/
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>