birding-aus

Barau's Petrel in Australian waters off the Kimberley coast

To: Richard Baxter <>
Subject: Barau's Petrel in Australian waters off the Kimberley coast
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 21:17:29 +0000
Due to recent media commentary about MH370 we know that ocean currents go
from near to Ashmore reef *towards *Reunion!  Presumably the wind has
carried this bird in the opposite direction.

Martin Butterfield
http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/

On 28 August 2015 at 06:23, Richard Baxter via Birding-Aus <
> wrote:

> Mike,
>          An awesome find, well done to Simon.  I've heard of reports from
> India, so not surprising.  Interestingly, that's further from Reunion that
> Kiama is from the Chathams!
>
> Cheers
> Richard
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 27 Aug 2015, at 5:47 pm, Mike Carter <> wrote:
> >
> > Adrian Boyle advises that Simon Cook, a mate of his, saw a Barau's
> Petrel at
> > 12 40S 125 50E on 4 August while on a ship between Bali and Wyndham.
> That is
> > in Australian waters not far from Ashmore Reef.
> >

> > Cheers,
> >

> > Mike Carter, 03 9787 7136
> >
> > 30 Canadian Bay Road
> >
> > Mount Eliza, VIC 3930, Australia
> >

> > <HR>
> > <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> > <BR>
> > <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit:
> > </HR>
>
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>