birding-aus

Yandina - BirdLife Southern Queensland State Government Petition

To: BirdLife Southern Queensland <>
Subject: Yandina - BirdLife Southern Queensland State Government Petition
From: Marie Tarrant <>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 06:40:32 +0000
Thanks Judith for the update.  I did sign the petition and the standard
letter and I guess, like others, who would have done the same, last week I
got a standard response letter from the Sunshine Coast Regional Council
thanking me and advising what worthy environmental causes the council have
already funded and how Yandina Wetlands, regrettably is not considered a
priority.

The recent excellent articles run in 'the Australian' (today's) showing
that the drained area is not artificial in fact, and then the article (last
week?) sparking debate about a key principle at the centre of environmental
decision-making in Australia (whether an environmentally significant area
deserves protection if it has been shaped by human activity) are 'game
changers' surely and strong reasons for all of us to write back to the
Sunshine Coast Regional Council to let them know their response is not good
enough given the latest developments and debate.

Marie Tarrant
Kobble Creek, Qld

On 1 August 2015 at 12:07, BirdLife Southern Queensland <

--
Marie Tarrant
Kobble Creek,  Qld