birding-aus

White-throated Grasswren

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: White-throated Grasswren
From: Wedderburn Birding <>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 08:37:54 +0000
Tim Jones and I have organised a weeklong trip to the NT, specifically to
look for White-throated Grasswren (WTG), commencing 8th August and finishing
up on 16th August. We have organised a local birding guide for three days in
order to maximise our chances of finding the WTG and to arrange the
necessary permits.

Other than the WTG, we have several other targets in mind, such as Red
Goshawk, Northern Shrike-tit, Masked Owl, Black-banded Fruit Dove,
White-lined Honeyeater, Pictorella Mannikin and Yellow-rumped Mannikin.

As the search for the WTG will involve hiking and camping on the Arnhemland
plateau on the eastern side of Kakadu, the trip will require a reasonable
level of fitness.

Other than the Kakadu, we would be spending time around the Katherine area,
south to Mataranka and west along the Victoria Hwy to Gregory and Timber
Creek.

We can accommodate one further birder if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Bruce Wedderburn

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list