birding-aus

Short trips from Sydney

To: "" <>
Subject: Short trips from Sydney
From: Ian Reid <>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 07:10:30 +0000
On 15/07/2015 3:46 PM, Jason McHattan wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm contemplating doing a few weekend drives away from Sydney to catch up
> with some species I've not or rarely seen.
>
> So, I'm after some suggestions for two day or three day (two night) drives.
> Three day trips make a loop kind of trip more do-able, rather than a normal
> out-and-back two day trip.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for these road trips?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason.
>

> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>
> </HR>

Hi Jason,

obviously depends on what your targets are, and there will be much
better informed people than me since I don't have a whole lot of
Sydney/NSW birding experience, but my immediate suggestions would be (i)
2-3 day trip to the Capertee Valley (Honeyeaters, Turquoise Parrot,
Finches inc Plum-headed and Double-barred), (ii) a couple of days at
Barren Grounds NP (Lyrebird, Pilotbird, Eastern Bristlebird, Eastern
Ground Parrot); or a bit further afield, (iii) Deniliquin (Plains
Wanderer, Inland Dotterel, Superb Parrot)

Cheers, Ian

--
Prof. Ian Reid
ARC Laureate Fellow