birding-aus

Fwd: Eungella Honeyeater and help needed

To: New birding-aus <>
Subject: Fwd: Eungella Honeyeater and help needed
From: Peter Shute <>
From: address is in the user's white-list -0.0 RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE RBL: Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/, no trust [202.183.101.44 listed in list.dnswl.org] -0.0 T_RP_MATCHES_RCVD Envelope sender domain matches handover relay domain -1.9 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1% [score: 0.0000]
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 11:19:04 +0000
Please see below.

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Adrian Brooks <<>>
Date: 20 June 2015 6:02:36 pm AEST
To: Peter Shute <<>>
Subject: Eungella Honeyeater and help needed

Hi Peter,

We have been birding round Eungella for a couple of days and found the Eungella
Honeyeater this morning.

Two EH's came to feed at the top of a nearby Syzygium.
The sun was just hitting the tops of the trees, 8.30-9.00 am.
Liz got a reasonable proof shot.

Yesterday we also heard calls but they were feeding very high up and difficult
to locate.

[cid:B0C77B5F-CE1F-44D7-8CE1-374361EFE216]

Also can anyone confirm the identity of this bird which we found 5k from
Eungella at Broken River carpark.
It sat up on a tree and gave us an extended marvellous melodious song.
We thought it was a Yellow-throated Scrub Wren but then it would be out of
range.
Also it has the white flashes on the wing like the White-browed we've seen.
This bird has distinctly white throat and yellow underparts.
It looks like a cross between a White-browed and Yellow-throated.

[cid:2A84E11A-AD47-46D3-91CE-AAB0AFA3A4AF]

[cid:439B00E5-80FD-4E89-A0B4-391EDBB7177E]

Thanks,

Adrian and Liz Brooks (Mooloolaba)