birding-aus

Griffith area

To: "'Peter Ewin'" <>, "'Stephen'" <>, "" <>
Subject: Griffith area
From: "David & Liz Parker" <>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 13:14:16 +1000
Stephen,

Peter's email sums it up nicely.

Adding to it, a number of Superb Parrots have been seen in just the last
week in the Red Gum forests, particularly around the Yanco area and also
across at Yarradda, west of Darlington Point, both areas being about a 40
minute drive from Griffith.

Campbell's and Nericon Swamps are dry at present, but Lake Wyangan is full.
Down on the Murrumbidgee Turkey's Flat and McCaughy's Lagoon (just south of
Yanco) continue to hold water from last season's environmental water event,
and Yarradda Lagoon also holds water and is worth a visit with the bonus
chance of picking up a Superb Parrot or a few, and possibly Cockatiel's
along the way.

Cheers
David