birding-aus

Fraser Island tips?

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Fraser Island tips?
From: David Adams <>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 11:48:13 +1000
My wife and I are contemplating a trip to Fraser Island later in the
year. We're considering staying at the Kingfisher Bay Resort. I've
been hunting around for birding reports without as much luck as I
hoped for. I remember that they run a bird week and see mention of
Black-breasted Button-quails (!)

Can anyone point me to reports on Fraser and/or Kingfisher Bay? I'd be
very grateful for any thoughts, suggestions, or information. We don't
have exact dates sorted so guidance on best months is also welcome.
We're keen on snorkelling (sounds like a non-starter) and
mammal-spotting...so any info on swimming, hoping, and gliding creates
is also welcome.

Please feel free to post to the whole list since others will likely
look at the archives over time for info.

Thanks in advance for any help.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>