birding-aus

national bird

To: Harry Nyström <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: national bird
From: "ELIZABETH SHAW" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 23:56:50 +1100
Lovely piece about the Whooper Swan, Harry,
I think the Emu is probably a good candidate for our National Bird. Not used by any state, found or used to be found in almost every habitat in Australia (I think) and iconic. The fact that it features on our coat of arms is a happy coincidence.
Happy Birding

Elizabeth Shaw
Phillip Island
Victoria