birding-aus

Climate change does not bode well for picky-eaters

Subject: Climate change does not bode well for picky-eaters
From: PennyDB <>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13:08:29 +1100
Thank you Burnice for a considered and sane response. How do we stop the destruction.

Rainforests seed rain. Forests assist climate balance and carbon sequestering.
Natural destruction through lightning started bush fires do not strongly effect
thick canopied rainforest.  Mankind is responsible for the huge destruction of
these forests and has tipped the balance.
Compound it further with the extra loads we put upon our enviroment with carbon
emissions, erosion and soil degradation, I feel that to doubt that we need to
address these issues and to assist in slowing the distinction of species is
extremely egocentric.
As we look at past generations and shake our heads with disbelief at their
understanding of science and belief systems, our youth will find us
irresponsible and willfully destructive to have charged-on in our greed for
resources, development, progress, financial gain and self-indulgence. We have
knowledge and we have alternatives and actively choose that it is inconvenient
to make adjustments.
We flush our toilets with drinking water, we support multinationals that tear
down rainforests to grow palms for oil, we invest in shares or allow our
Superannuation  Funds to support unsustainable corporations, we expect others
to carry the burden before we relinquish our comforts and we support short-term
thinking governments.
I regret my past acts of self importance and try to contribute wherever and
whenever I can, both in Australia and abroad. I hope more like-minded folk make
the time to do the what they can.

Burney
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list