birding-aus

Birding Vehicle for 10 Keen birders visiting Australia

Subject: Birding Vehicle for 10 Keen birders visiting Australia
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 18:35:19 -0800
I hope its okay to ask about something not directly birding but just as
important as binoculars and scopes.

I am strongly leaning towards lining up 9 mates to head to Australia in
2015.
Even after staring at tour type vehicles in every city I visited last Sept
2014 I still am not confident on what kind of vehicle would do the job.

The vehicle would need to be solid enough to go to Gluepot and some very
very mild dirt road situations.  No 4 WD stuff needed per se.

I wanted a vehicle that would give everyone a window seat plus haul all the
luggage for 10 people.  There will be a few scopes and cameras along.

I am looking at a 12 seater Toyota HiACE Commuter but doubt if there is the
room for luggage.  The rentals dont allow you to put a rack on the top and
I really want to avoid hauling a trailer.

Maybe I will have to break things up into two vehicles like 2 Nissan
Patrols or something?

Sorry this email got a bit long.  I sure would love some imput.  Especially
from folks who have done this and brought folks along with them. Thanks so
much!

Cheers and Seasons Greetings and warm regards to Russell and all the others
here!

Don Kimball
Polytelis Media
<HR>