birding-aus

Shorebirds disturbed by kite-surfer

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Shorebirds disturbed by kite-surfer
From: Burnice Starkey <>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 23:43:56 +0000
To whom should I direct an observation of shorebird disturbance. I live on a
boat. We were recently anchored off the the high tide roosting sandspit near
Inskip Point. There was a large flock of Sanderlings (I think) The flock was
constantly in flight circling the the roost. Other larger waders were
undisturbed.There was a kite-surfer using the sand island and shallows to learn
how to fly her kite.(Whilst there is a very small sign requesting boaters to
slow down in the area there is no other advice.)

cheers,
Burney

http://svbrahminy.wordpress.com/
http://burneysbirdblog.wordpress.com/