birding-aus

Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest

To: <>
Subject: Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest
From: "Birdpedia - Australia Info" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 00:05:05 +1030
The following is a digest of Sightings Reported on Birdpedia for the period
Monday, November 24, 2014 to Sunday, November 30, 2014:

Area: SA

Date: Sunday, November 23, 2014

Location: Gulf St Vincent 1-2 km of Largs and Semphore

Arctic Jaeger (Stercorarius parasiticus) (1) pale phase

Pomarine Jaeger (Stercorarius pomarinus) (1) dark phase

Reported by: Jim Allen on Monday, November 24, 2014

Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Location: Black Point, Y.P.

Eastern Reef Egret (Egretta sacra) (1) Only the second time I have seen one
here, the previous time being in 2005. This bird, a grey morph, was in the
company of 50+ Pied Cormorant, which are very flighty when approached, so the
photos I was able to take are from a fair distance.

Elegant Parrot (Neophema elegans) (7) Feeding among the grass on the ground by
the sand hills, & 2 flew to the top of a tree, so I was able to ID them from
Rock Parrots.

Common Greenshank (Tringa nebularia) (1) This is a worrying observation. When I
first started counting these birds here in 2004 there was a flock of 22, but
the number has been steadily decreasing from 15 in 2010, down to 7 in March of
this year, & now only the 1 has returned.

Reported by: Margaret Tiller on Friday, November 28, 2014

Date: Saturday, November 29, 2014

Location: Tolderol Game Reserve

Australian Pratincole (Stiltia isabella) (2) A pair flying over the pumping
station, then observed a few minutes later at close range along the edge of the
first pond.

Reported by: Nathaniel Doecke on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Date: Sunday, November 30, 2014

Location: Magazine Rd Wetlands Dry Creek

Pectoral Sandpiper (Calidris melanotos) (1) One bird on drying out pond mud
about 50m NE of bird hide.

Wood Sandpiper (Tringa glareola) (6) As usual this area good for 'Woodies' at
least six birds seen , there are probably more.

Reported by: William Brooker on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Need more information about a sighting? Login and contact the poster directly.

Receive sightings via email or SMS immediately they are posted.

Not a member of Birdpedia? Membership is free and gives you access to
information for over 230 countries.

To sign up go to the Birdpedia Web Site (http://www.birdpedia.com/).

To find out more about Birdpedia and what it can do for you, see 'What is
Birdpedia?'