birding-aus

Where to stay to see and film birds in Hall's Gap Grampians

To: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Subject: Where to stay to see and film birds in Hall's Gap Grampians
From: David Clark <>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 21:52:24 +1100
Don

Halls Gap is very popular all year round and particularly during spring and
school holidays so it may be a matter of what's available.

You should see Rosellas and Cockatoos at any Halls Gap accommodation but
I've never seen Gangs Gangs there (others may have of course).

There is a range of accommodation on the southern side of Halls Gap.  If
you're on the western side of the road, your aspect will be the range.  If
you're on the eastern side, you will be looking across the valley to the
next range.  My preference would be the latter.

Cheers

David

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Donald G. Kimball <>
wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> If I am fortunate enough to return to Aus in 2015 I was hoping to visit the
> Grampians.  I havent a clue where to stay at Halls Gap so was wondering if
> someone on here could recommend a spot.
>
> I was hoping for some sort of lodge with great views and good opportunities
> to see Rosellas and Cockatoos etc.  Especially Gang-gangs.  Top priority
> would be scenic and comfortable but with wildlife at the door if possible.
>
> This is such a helpful site.  Thanks again to Russ and everyone who keeps
> giving and helping me on my adventures to OZ.
>
> Cheers and warm wishes!
>

> Don Kimball
> Polytelis Media
> <HR>