birding-aus

WTNT

To: Judith L-A <>
Subject: WTNT
From: Marie Tarrant <>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 15:45:07 +1000
Judith for info too I had 75+ WTNTs on Sunday afternoon (26/10) at around
4pm overhead of me above the floodplains just outside of the Dayboro
township (SEQ).  I was checking for snipe and heard my first Dollarbird for
the season calling and so looked up to locate it and noticed all the WTNTs
circling overhead at differing heights and into the clouds.  They appeared
to be feeding on the wing and stayed around for about 10 minutes of so.

I'd generally been scouring the skies for a week or so up till then
anticipating their return.
Marie Tarrant

--
Marie Tarrant