birding-aus

White-throated Needletail and Albert''s Lyrebird

To: <>
Subject: White-throated Needletail and Albert''s Lyrebird
From: "Richard Johnstone" <>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 23:12:40 +1100
On the far north coast of NSW last week for a work field trip (13 Oct), I
saw a pair of Albert's Lyrebirds at Bar Mountain in Border Ranges NP. They
were about 50 metres along Nothofagus walk, and seemed really intent on
scratching under a fallen tree, ignoring people only 3 metres away. I got a
couple of pictures, something I never imagined with this shy species.

The following day  (14 Oct) we were at Lennox Head, after a storm passed
through there was a flock of White-throated Needletails at 2.30 pm, between
30 and 40 birds, flying low above the headland. Conditions were sunny and
humid, and the birds disappeared from view in only a couple of minutes.

Richard

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>