birding-aus

[no subject]

From: Barbara Stewart <>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 15:05:00 +1100
  Content preview:  Hi everyone I have a particular interest in rainforest
habitat
    restoration and, at this minute, as outlined in the request to follow, I'm
    particularly interested in habitat of Albert?s Lyrebird. My property at
Wilsons
    Creek west of Mullumbimby has accommodated two lyrebird territories, up the
    back bordering Mount Jerusalem National Park, for the whole of the 30 years
    that I have lived here. Just in the last month, another pair has moved into
    regrowth that has been developing in the central parts of the property. If
    they can establish and persist here, it will be a wonderful reward for
restoration
    efforts over the years. (It is actually quite distracting to have a bird
   calling intermittently 20 m from my home office!) I am wondering if anybody
    else has experience or knowledge of Albert?s Lyrebirds setting up new
territories
    and expanding into regrowth and restored habitat? [...]

  pts rule name              description
  0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED          ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was
blocked.
                             See

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
                              for more information.
                             [URIs: pozible.com.au]
 -0.0 BAYES_20               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 5 to 20%
                             [score: 0.1120]
I have a particular interest in rainforest habitat restoration and, at this=
 minute, as outlined in the request to follow, I'm particularly interested =
in habitat of Albert=92s Lyrebird. =

My property at Wilsons Creek west of Mullumbimby has accommodated two lyreb=
ird territories, up the back bordering Mount Jerusalem National Park, for t=
he whole of the 30 years that I have lived here. Just in the last month, an=
other pair has moved into regrowth that has been developing in the central =
parts of the property. If they can establish and persist here, it will be a=
 wonderful reward for restoration efforts over the years. (It is actually q=
uite distracting to have a bird calling intermittently 20 m from my home of=
fice!) I am wondering if anybody else has experience or knowledge of Albert=
=92s Lyrebirds setting up new territories and expanding into regrowth and r=
estored habitat?

A particular reason for posting today is to ask for your support for a crow=
d-funded campaign to restore habitat for Albert=92s Lyrebird. Our landcare =
group has been chosen as one of 15 projects nationally for the launch of th=
e Pozible/Landcare Environment Collection, an initiative launched for the 2=
5th anniversary of landcare at a recent conference in Melbourne. Our campai=
gn has got off to a great start. Now we need help to meet our funding targe=
t by 29 October, and would very much appreciate assistance with getting the=
 word out through your networks. A crowd-funded campaign works on lots of (=
mostly small) donations and sharing of campaign details through social medi=
a. =

Details are at www.pozible.com.au/helpalbert

Thanks for reading!

(Dr) Barbara Stewart