birding-aus

Black Tern at Thargomindah, SW Qld

To: "" <>
Subject: Black Tern at Thargomindah, SW Qld
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 19:05:30 +1000
Just a quick note to tell you that a Black Tern is currently being watched
going to roost at the bore water cooling ponds by Allan Richardson, who found
and photographed the bird this afternoon.

The bird looks like one of the race niger  (Eurasian Black Tern) which may not
have been confirmed in Australia before?

Images have been posted on Birdline and are doing the rounds on Facebook
apparently.

I'll post updates tomorrow as I receive them from Al.

Mick
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>