birding-aus

Where did all the parrots go on Tablelands Road near Wentworth Blue Mts.

Subject: Where did all the parrots go on Tablelands Road near Wentworth Blue Mts.
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 13:09:41 +1000
In February of 2009 Tablelands road was a jackpot for me as I filmed.
Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos calling everywhere and flying about.  Several
views of Gang-gangs.  Even some fantastic encounters with Glossy-black
Cockatoos.  This time weather was cold , I heard one very distant
Yellow-tailed black.  No Gangs whatever, and some Crimsons but not a great
deal of them.  The only lovely thing was connecting again with Glossies and
watching and listening to them feed for over an hour!  I heard fires might
be an issue but maybe its time of year?  ?????

Thanks for imput.

PS:  Found a double eyed fig parrot nest today in Cairns!  the highlight of
my day.

Don
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list