birding-aus

FW: John Young presentation - Adelaide

To: "'birding-aus'" <>
Subject: FW: John Young presentation - Adelaide
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 08:40:45 +0930

My apologies for the lateness of this note but I have been, shall we say,
indisposed.

After some months of trying to persuade John to come to Adelaide to give us
( SAOA, aka Birds SA) the opportunity to receive his Night Parrot
presentation, he finally did so on the 29th of August.  To say the least the
lecture room was packed , at least 200 excited birders being present, and
John didn't fail to impress. His excellent material , capped off with his 15
second video of the Parrot sort of waddling across a short patch of bare
sand, was very well received by all Birds SA members.  His often highly
humorous  style was also very much appreciated by all and on behalf of Birds
SA members I would like to thank John heartily for the fun evening.

We congratulate John on his successful persistence in searching for the
Parrot, truly a wonderful effort.

Tony Russell, ex VP Birds SA.
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list