birding-aus

[no subject]

To: "" <>
From: Tim Dolby <>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 06:38:17 +0000
  Content preview:  Hi all, If anyone's heading to Wyperfeld National Park
(Vic),
    Matthew Crawford has just photographed a family of Mallee Emu-wren along
   the Discovery Walk, see http://www.eremaea.com. Remarkably he found the birds
    in an area of open tea-tree woodland - although there are some stands of
   triodia nearby, he was some distance from significant area of triodia.
Despite
    extensive previous surveys of Wyperfeld there's have been very reports of
    Mallee Emu-wren, and their presence along the Discovery Walk seems to me
   to be new and remarkable. In fact when I first heard about it I?d dismissed
    as miss-ID?d eclipsed Splendid or Variegated Fairy-wren. So I?m currently
    eating humble pie! Why are they there now? Migration, population expansion,
    or perhaps displacement due to fires? [...]

 Content analysis details:   (-2.6 points, 5.0 required)

  pts rule name              description
  0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED          ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was
blocked.
                             See

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
                              for more information.
                             [URIs: eremaea.com]
 -0.7 RP_MATCHES_RCVD        Envelope sender domain matches handover relay
domain
 -1.9 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1%
                             [score: 0.0000]
If anyone's heading to Wyperfeld National Park (Vic), Matthew Crawford has =
just photographed a family of Mallee Emu-wren along the Discovery Walk, see=
 http://www.eremaea.com. Remarkably he found the birds in an area of open t=
ea-tree woodland - although there are some stands of triodia nearby, he was=
 some distance from significant area of triodia. Despite extensive previous=
 surveys of Wyperfeld there's have been very reports of Mallee Emu-wren, an=
d their presence along the Discovery Walk seems to me to be new and remarka=
ble. In fact when I first heard about it I=92d dismissed as miss-ID=92d ecl=
ipsed Splendid or Variegated Fairy-wren. So I=92m currently eating humble p=
ie! Why are they there now? Migration, population expansion, or perhaps dis=
placement due to fires?

Cheers,

Tim

This email, including any attachment, is intended solely for the use of the=
 intended recipient. It is confidential and may contain personal informatio=
n or be subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intende=
d recipient any use, disclosure, reproduction or storage of it is unauthori=
sed. If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender via=
 return email and delete it from your system immediately. Victoria Universi=
ty does not warrant that this email is free from viruses or defects and acc=
epts no liability for any damage caused by such viruses or defects.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>