birding-aus

Flames in the snow

To: Paul Doyle <>
Subject: Flames in the snow
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:58:23 +1000
I did a map query in eBird looking for records of Flame Robin in June -
September
<http://carwoolabirds.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/flame-robins-in-snowfields.html>.
   Basically there is a big gap around the snowfields.  Whether that means

   - skiers don't bird, or
   - birders don't like snow; or
   - Flame Robins don't like snow

is open to debate.

I hope the image in the blogpost is reasonable - I couldn't persuade the
birding-aus website to allow me to post the image there.

Martin

Martin Butterfield
http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/

On 15 September 2014 08:41, Martin Butterfield <> wrote:

> I have done a very crude map from eBird showing occurence of Flame Robins
> from June to September.
>

> Martin Butterfield
> http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/
>
> On 15 September 2014 07:47, Paul Doyle <> wrote:
>
>> HI All,
>> Last weekend as I was riding up the Pleasant Valley Quad Chair at
>> Perisher,
>> quietly contemplating the beauty, , I was surprised to see, flashing
>> across
>> inn front of me, what I am sure was a flame robin. Only saw it for a few
>> seconds. The only other possibility would be a red-capped robin, but I
>> don't
>> think they're up in that area.
>> Anyone have any info about the presence or absence of either of these in
>> the
>> snowfields in winter?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Paul
>>

>> <HR>
>> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
>> <BR>
>> <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit:
>> </HR>

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>